Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to ensuring that your personal data is protected.
We will never misuse or sell your data to anyone. We ensure any data we hold is stored securely.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page and you should check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 29 Aug 2019.
Who We Are
Jacqtours Pte Ltd is a company registered in Singapore UEN 201230999H; STB Travel Agent Licence No. TA 02347; Registered Office: 8 Sin Ming Road, #01-01, Sin Ming Centre, Singapore 575628
For any questions you may have in connection with this policy please contact our Data Manager using the following contact details:
Data Manager, Jacqtours Pte Ltd, 8 Sin Ming Road, #01-01, Sin Ming Centre, Singapore 575628
What Information We Collect
We collect and use ("process") your personal data when you use our website, register with us, complete a booking form, send in enquiries, subscribe to mailing lists, enter competitions, participate in market research and when you contact us online and offline. This information includes:
2.1 Information You Give Us:
- your name, nationality, date of birth, passport details, NRIC details, contact information, address;
- subscription and demographic information such as preferences, interests, age and family information;
- information relating to your holiday such as reviews, image or video uploads, questionnaire data, holiday enquiries and brochure or marketing request;
- information relating to quoting and booking a travel service, including destinations, countries and products you are interested in, information regarding family and travel companion(s) such as names, addresses, emergency contacts, passport information, dates of birth, insurance information, visa information, nationality, flight details, country of residence and medical or dietary restrictions;
- information you give us when you complete surveys, participate in competitions, give feedback, take advantage of offers, take part in market research, fill in forms on our site and correspond with us;
- any other information that you voluntarily give us that is relevant to travel planning or feedback.
2.2 Information We Collect About You.
We may automatically collect the following information when you use our site or when you access our marketing information or contact us by email, social media, online enquiry or phone:
- browsing information (including the manner in which you navigate our website and your booking journey), referral information, purchase and search history; the domain and IP address that your computer uses to connect to the internet;
- information about your computer or device (such as the screen resolution and type of device, e.g. Mac or Windows), browser type, operating system, internet connection, referral information;
- telephone information including phone numbers, call duration and call recordings for both outgoing and incoming calls;
- records of details you complete through our online enquiry forms;
- details such as your username when you interact with us on social media (e.g. you tag us or mention us in a post)
2.3 Information Provided To Us By Or Collected From Third Parties.
We may collect the following information from third parties:
- the information mentioned in section 2.1 of this policy (above) which is provided to us by your family members, travel companions or other persons who manage your travel arrangements;
- Google Analytics provides us with information about your visit to our website. This covers session information, length of visits, repeat visits, page interaction information (such as clicks and mouse movements), and search terms which lead you to our website;
What We Do With The Information We Gather
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide you with services you request from us and to otherwise enter into and perform contracts with you;
- to comply with regulatory requirements and requests for information received from regulators and competent authorities;
- to maintain our records and audit our business;
- to send you newsletters and/or marketing information if you make an enquiry or booking with us OR if you consent;
- to administer and improve our site including ensuring that online content is presented to you in the most effective and/or personalised manner, remembering your preferences and allowing you to participate in interactive features;
- to maintain and improve the integrity and security of our systems and data;
- to carry out market research.
Using Your Information In Accordance With Data Protection Laws
- Consent: We may provide you with certain marketing information about our services/products or those of a third party where you have provided your consent for us to do so. You may withdraw your consent at any time. Please note that we may send you marketing information without your consent about services/products which are similar to those we previously supplied to you or which we previously negotiated about, provided that in such cases you have an absolute right to object to/opt out of receiving further marketing information.
- Marketing Lists: We keep a list of individuals who request our services, with their contact details, so that we can send them information about similar products and services we provide. Any person included in this list can, at any time, instruct us to stop sending them such information. Every marketing communication from us will also contain an explanation of how individuals can stop receiving similar communications.
We will not, under any circumstances, add to our marketing list the details of persons who are under the age of 18.
- Who Else May See Your Data: We may share your information, only to the extent that such sharing is necessary for achieving the purposes listed above, with the following third parties:
- Travel Businesses for the purpose of providing our services to you, namely local ground operators, airlines, hoteliers, transport companies, car hire companies and other travel companies involved in delivering the services we provide you.
- Salesforce, Google, Facebook And Other Providers Of Marketing Services for the purpose of marketing our business.
- Data Analytics Service Providers And Market Research Companies, including Google (using Google Analytics), for the purpose of improving our customers' experience and targeting advertising.
- Cloud Storage Providers for storage of electronic documents and information.
- Sub-contractors Engaged By Us for the purpose of operating our business and delivering our services. These may include providers of technology services such as providers of hosting, IT and web services.
Data security is of the utmost importance to us and we are committed to ensuring information we collect from you is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and offline.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site/your account, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How Long We Keep Your Information For
We will only retain personal data for as long as is required for the purpose for which we collected it.
Different retention periods apply to different items of information. For example, we retain your contact details and preferences for a period of seven years from your last enquiry or booking to ensure the best possible service on future bookings.
If you would like more information about the specific retention periods please contact Jacqtours with the contact details provided above (see section 1).
Once the relevant retention period expires, the data and all copies of it will be deleted or physically destroyed, safely and securely.
You have a number of rights under data protection law in relation to the way we process your personal data. These are set out below. You may contact us using the details below to exercise any of these rights, and we will respond to any request received from you without undue delay and within one month from the date of the request.
If you would like more information about your rights or if you would like to exercise your rights, please contact our Data Manager by writing to: Data Manager, Jacqtours 8 Sin Ming Road, #01-01, Sin Ming Centre S575628 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also change your details and preferences by logging on and updating your profile, subscription details and other personal information on our website.
RIGHT TO ACCESS
A right to access personal data held by us about you.
RIGHT TO RECTIFICATION
A right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data held by us about you.
RIGHT TO WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
When we rely on your consent to process personal data, you may withdraw your consent at any time. This will not affect the validity of anything we have done before you withdraw your consent but we will promptly cease the data processing to which the withdrawn consent relates.
The above is only a summary of your rights as a data subject. These rights are subject to various conditions and exceptions which are provided for by law. For more detailed information please contact us on the details provided above.
If you have any concerns regarding our processing of your personal data, or are not satisfied with our handling of any request by you in relation to your rights, you also have the right to seek redress with the Personal Data Protection Commision in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting third party sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
This policy was last reviewed and updated in May 2020.